- This event has passed.
Getting Paid and Managing the Cash Flow (1PM – 5PM)
December 2, 2020 @ 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Payment in the Construction Industry is a problem. This create problems for both the Owner and the Contractor as well as the other participants involved with the project (Consultant, Subcontractors, Sub-Subcontractors and Suppliers).
The Canadian Construction Documents Committee (CCDC) and the Canadian Construction Association (CCA) publish standard contracts and guides for the Construction Industry.
In this half-day workshop the Payment Process in Standard Contracts (CCDC-2 Stipulated Price Contract, CCA-1 Stipulated Price Subcontract, CCA-19 Stipulated Price Sub-Subcontract) will be reviewed along with contract language from non-standard contracts which can delay payment.
It is important to recognize when your client is trying to work language into the contract which delays payment (Pay-if-Paid, Pay-when-Paid, “Notwithstanding” clauses).
Guides covered by the course:
• CCA 28 – A Guide to Improving Cash Flow in the Construction Industry
• CCA 50 – A Prime Contractors Guide to Project Financing and Payment Security
• CCA 53 – Trade Contractors Guide and Checklist to Construction Contracts
• CCA Banking Guide for the Canadian Construction Association
• CCDC 12 – Project Financial Information Disclosure Form
Who should attend? Anyone who is involved with billings and payment: Managers, Project Managers, Project Coordinators, Project Accountants of all levels will benefit from the workshop.
Duration – 1/2 Day – 4 Hours
COST Members $145 + GST Non Members $195 + GST
TO REGISTER SEND EMAIL TO email@example.com OR CALL 403 527 9700